Stored Procedure Group Help

Hi Everybody,

I’m having some trouble trying to create a simple stored procedure group in Ignition build 4594. I have this procedure created in Oracle that outputs the input string twice:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE ENG.IGNITION_TEST ( p_input VARCHAR2, p_output OUT VARCHAR2) IS
BEGIN
p_output := p_input || p_input;
END IGNITION_TEST;

I have a SP group configured to use a DB Sqltag tied to a text field as p_input, and I want to write p_output to a DB Sqltag tied to a Label. A one-shot button is bound to a DB Sqltag that acts as the trigger. When I click the one-shot button, the group errors. I am receiving the error seen in the attached screenshot. I’m guessing I have something configured incorrectly. I’ve tried many different combinations of target/output settings, and the section of the manual on SP groups doesn’t go into too much detail on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

Hi-

I’m looking into this… it appears that the oracle driver may not support named parameters. I’ll post back soon with more details.

Regards,

Ok, well, I’ve looked and looked and tested and tested, and as far as I can tell Oracle should support the method we’re using to pass parameters. However, I can’t get it to work on 10g, and am getting the same error you are.

One thing we’ve done that has at least created a work around is to allow specifying parameters by index. So, in your example, p_input = 0, and p_output = 1 - with version 7.0.6, you’ll be able to just enter those indexes as parameter names, and it will work.

I’m going to keep looking into the name issue, because the oracle docs say it should work…

Regards,

Thanks, Colby. We’re attempting to replicate the functionality of the batching component of our legacy system as a proof of concept, so this is definitely a critical component. Do you have an ETA on 7.0.6?

Thanks,

Dan

We’re hoping sometime very soon, as in tomorrow or friday. We’re waiting for some feedback about an issue we’re having with the internal database… however, I may be able to get you a development version of the SQL Bridge module sooner, which should let you continue.

Regards,

Colby,

I installed the new version, and the stored procedure groups now work with Oracle when I use the parameter index rather than parameter name. While this is certainly enough to move forward, it would be nice if the issue could be resolved to use the actual parameter name. Some of our procedures have upwards of 25 parameters, so it can get a little confusing! :smiley:

Thanks again for your help,

Dan

I agree, and so we still have the ticket open in our system for improvement in (hopefully) 7.1.

We’ll probably have to start by seeing if there’s a new version of the Oracle JDBC driver, since that seems to be where the problem lies… but anyhow, we’ll put some more work into it soon.

Regards,

Hi Colby,

Today i realize that i’m having the same problem that was described here.

To solve it, i used the paramenter index instead of name.

Do you have any news about the real solution of this problem. Something about JDBC?.

Greetings.

Hi,

To be specific- you’re using Oracle as well, right?

I’ll have to take a look at whether there’s a new version of the Oracle connector available.

Regards,

Yes,

I’m using the 10 XE edition and the JDBC driver that is included with IGNITION.

At the time, my procedure works fine but using the index of parameters instead name.

Dear Friends,

Today i downloaded the Oracle JDBC driver (for Oracle 10g 10.2.0.4) and everything works fine. It looks like that was the problem. So now i can execute stored procedures indicating the name of parameters and not the index of it.

Greetings.