Transaction Group "Fatally Errored" due to scheduled task

Hello, all

I am in the process of validating an upgraded version of Ignition while mirroring the production version of Ignition. These are both housed on different servers, but are looking at the same connections.

I noticed for this transaction group, it is giving me a "fatally_errored" when I try to start it. The error message says there is already a scheduled task for this.

Unable to start group. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: There is already a scheduled task for sql bridge.moldview.mold_cycle_time.mainexec at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.execution.impl.BasicExecutionEngine.register(BasicExecutionEngine.java:407) at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.groups.AbstractGroup.startExecution(AbstractGroup.java:360) at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.ProjectRunner.loadGroupResource(ProjectRunner.java:286) at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.ProjectRunner.lambda$onResourcesModified$2(ProjectRunner.java:174) at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source) at com.inductiveautomation.factorysql.ProjectRunner.onResourcesModified(ProjectRunner.java:174) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectLifecycle$LifecycleResourceListener.resourcesModified(ProjectLifecycle.java:176) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.AbstractProject.notifyResourceListeners(AbstractProject.java:351) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.AbstractProject.updateEffectiveState(AbstractProject.java:153) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.RuntimeProject.applyChange(RuntimeProject.java:274) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectLifecycleFactory$1.lambda$updateOrStartAffectedProjects$5(ProjectLifecycleFactory.java:185) at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectLifecycleFactory$1.updateOrStartAffectedProjects(ProjectLifecycleFactory.java:165) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectLifecycleFactory$1.projectUpdated(ProjectLifecycleFactory.java:143) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.BaseProjectManager.doProjectUpdatedNotification(BaseProjectManager.java:1058) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.BaseProjectManager.lambda$fireProjectUpdated$25(BaseProjectManager.java:1008) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.BaseProjectManager.lambda$submitToQueue$22(BaseProjectManager.java:986) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.util.ExecutionQueue$PollAndExecute.run(ExecutionQueue.java:239) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This makes me think the only reason it is erroring out is because it sees that there is another transaction group identical to this. Although, I am wondering why it is only erroring on this specific transaction? Should it not follow with all the transactions that are identical?

Here is a screenshot of the transaction:

Let me know if you need anymore information from me!

Hello Raymond_Sipes,

What version of Ignition are you currently running? That error is very similar to a internal bug ticket that was recently resolved in 8.1.19+. So upgrading past that may resolve this issue.

Otherwise, do you have duplicate named Transaction Groups on this gateway? Is it only this Transaction Group that is having the issue?

You can check the local files here
C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\projects\{project_name}\com.inductiveautomation.sqlbridge\transaction-groups to verify that there are no other running groups.

Hello!

I apologize I did not see this until now! We fixed this by duplicating the transaction group and it seemed to fix it!

Thank you!

I had this same error occurring running 8.1.22, where a new transaction group with identical items were added to get it working. I had no duplicated transaction groups.

1 Like

We are also seeing this with 8.1.22. Not exactly sure what is happening, but it happens frequently during development. Almost like changing the group spins off a new group internally that can't run because the old one is still there. Making copies does work but the old ones don't go away until we reboot the gateway.