Translation documentation to get to Translatable terms

This for Ignition 8.0.14 under Linux and for a perspective based project

I just started running through the documentation for localization and have run into a wall right away.

Starting with Localization in Perspective I followed to Creating Translation Lists

Under the title "Add a New Language" it says

In Designer, right click in your workspace and select Translations from the dropdown. The Translatable Terms window will open.

And this is where I am failing. I can't figure out where I am supposed to right click.

I can find the Translation manager for the global terms, but from what I see this is not the sam thing. So where am I supposed to be clicking?

All of the “Component Terms” related instructions on that page only related to Vision. Perspective doesn’t (currently) have any notion of ‘component-level’ terms. Using the ‘global’ translation manager is the right way to enter translations for Perspective.

1 Like

I thought that might be the case, but I was influenced by following a link from a Perspective page. And on the page I landed it didn’t seem to be very clear about it.

Yes, a lot of the manual was copied directly from 7.9 or earlier, where an implicit assumption was made that Vision would be the only ‘visualization system’ Ignition ever had. The documentation team is in a continual ship-of-Theseus situation to try to keep up with the moving target that is Ignition, and some things slip through the cracks.