lrose
September 24, 2026, 3:03pm
48
You might be suprised, but not everyone uses dark mode.
I don't. I develop in Visual Basic, Java, Python, C++. I aslo use AutoCad, and OnShape. I do not use dark mode. I find it makes things harder for me to read. And dark mode in the wrong lighting actually causes more eye strain.
You want dark mode, that's fine, you are not alone, but there are many who don't want it.
Some relevant reading:
I'm a newbie to Ignition and was wondering if Ignition has a 'dark mode' available?
(Not themes for the Views, but an overall change-like dark mode on Iphone etc for working within Ignition.).
I am used to working in Visual Studio Code's dark mode and working in Ignition is causing some slight eye strain. (This is not a big deal but was just was genuinely wondering!!)
Just curious if anyone knows how to work around this or think they will make this possible in the future!
It would be an AWES…
new to ignition, not new to Python. since i'm handcuffed to using your "IDE", is there a way to:
change the font size without having to blow out Windows text to 150%?
change the font family to something else?
change to a Dark Mode? please tell me there's a dark mode...
I’ve been programming the most and designing for hours and it’s a real pain for our eyes retina to have see all in white. Please Inductive Development create a dark theme for projects development, the Designer app itself, hopefully for Ignition 8.1.
This software is awesome
Best Regards!
I wrote a module to turn the Ignition Designer dark.
It is for 8.3, it is free, and it goes on the gateway once, so every Designer that connects can toggle dark mode on or off. This setting is saved locally on each developer’s computer.
[SCR-20260831-lwaw]
@justinedwards.jle already covers 8.1 with Dark Mode for the Designer on the Exchange, so if you are on 8.1 go get that one instead. Mine is a module rather than a project script, and it works differently underneath. Rather than painting c…