[Bug-15540, Bug-16737]Slider handle doesn't work correctly with mouse in flex container

Hello,
The slider component handle doesn’t work with mouse when the slider sit inside the flex container.
This behavior show itself specially when the width of flex is large.
The interesting part is it work in designer in preview mode and also touch screen devices.
https:/uploads/iatesting/original/2X/7/706dedbca73215fd596b18c4d86b2ca364f5cf1d.mp4

1 Like

What version of Ignition are you using? There was a known issue for a short while in the nightlies where Sliders in Flex Containers exhibited this behavior, but it was fixed for 8.0.6 stable release.

I notice that the video does not show content to the left of the Slider. The bug I referenced had to do with Sliders ignoring their flexed position, so interaction was done as a percentage from the origin of the Flex Container, as opposed to the origin of the Slider. If you have another component in the same Flex Container and BEFORE (to the left if the Flex Container is using the “row” direction) the Slider, I suspect you’re encountering the resolved issue.

1 Like

I use 8.0.6 but I test it in 8.0.7 new release and see this in it.
You are exactly right. When the flex in it’s original size which very small width the slider works correctly but when I maximize broswer there is offset between mouse handler and slider point.

I put slider alone in flex. There is no other object in flex.
I also put slider in coordinate container and put container in flex and see this bug again.

Could you please make tickets to fix this?

I find something interesting. The flex show this bug when my left side dock menu appear and the offset of mouse is equal to dock menu.

We use Ignition version 8.0.7. and have ran into the same problem with the slider component.

temperately disable the right dock and it works. The dock menu cause flex show this problem.

Has IA made a fix for this yet?

No, not yet.
If you want you can make your dock view cover the main view and that fix it.

In our case it is not suitable solution, causes other problems. Is there a real bug report made about this to IA?

Don’t think so, if it is done it should fix in 8.0.7 release.

@Janne there is a fix going through QA right now, which should see its way into the nightlies soon, and should be a part of the 8.0.8 release. If you look at the Thread title, you can see that we’ve affixed a Bug Ticket designation to the beginning of the title; this is how we designate that a forum thread (in the Ignition 8 Early Access category) has had a ticket opened for it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the info

I’m still seeing this problem in 8.0.9 stable. It didn’t present until we updated the gateway from 8.0.3, FYI.

1 Like

Could you describe the View you are encountering this in? Could you provide the view.json for the View?

A post was split to a new topic: [Bug-16155]Slider Handle Offset From Cursor In Flex Popup

Hi
I use slider in flex container in popup in v 8.0.12 and again I see the offset bug in slider.

We haven’t encountered anything similar in 8.0.15, which at this point is all this category should include. If you want to supply your View I’ll try to replicate the issue in 8.0.15. The component underwent a substantial re-work since 8.0.12, so what I’m using would be almost totally different from what you’re using.

Thanks. Here my view.
TOTAL_2020-07-05_0500.zip (16.0 KB)

That View has no issues once I remove the faulted bindings. If you upgrade to 8.0.15 and continue to experience issues, I would examine your bindings. Also, make sure your step binding never evaluates to null or 0.

Thanks did you put the view in a popup?
I only see this problem when I use the view in popup. The dock and main view doesn’t have any problem