Implementing Auto Scroll for Flex Repeater

I'm working on a project where I have a view with a flex repeater that could potentially create up to 20 instances or maybe more. All these instances won't fit on a single screen due to space constraints, which leads to an overflow. This wouldn't typically be an issue as users can manually scroll to view all instances.

However, in this particular case, the view will be displayed on a large screen TV, and users won't be interacting with it directly. Therefore, I'm looking for a way to add an auto scroll feature to the flex repeater so that it automatically scrolls through all instances without any user interaction.

I've been searching for a solution but so far have been unable to find one. Is there a way to set the flex repeater in Ignition to auto scroll? I am also open to other potential solutions.

2 Likes

No can do at the moment. This is a perfect example of why we need this functionality introduced.

Could you bind the repeater's instances prop to a script that loads the instances just a few at a time, based on the value of some timer prop?

It wouldn't be as pretty as auto scroll of course.

Sounds like you are describing a carousel of some sort.

1 Like