Restoring Ignition Edge Project

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of replacing an Edge install that failed and had no back up. I have successfully restored the gateway on Ubuntu from a Windows install, however I'm having trouble launching the edge vision client. It says there is no project available. I have followed the advice given here:

The gateway has all the correct connections and settings restored, but again no project to open. Did I miss a step or is there additional work to restore the project? Following the threads above, replacing the config file should have restored everything, but it seems the gateway has been restored.

Thanks for any advice on this.

The advice in the quoted thread about restoring projects predates Ignition 8.0.0, when we moved projects out of the internal database and made them regular files on disk.

You need to go to the projects directory ($ignitionInstallDirectory/data/projects) and copy the entire folder there over, if you're trying to do that manually. Then restart your gateway for it to quickly pick up the new project.

Got it, I will try that. Thank you!

This worked, thank you!

It does not take the gateway user or pass, does the gwcmd process work for this as well?

Edit: I figured it out, had to edit user in gateway.